Tuesday, December 30, 2014

2014: How Sweet It Was



" If 2013 was my year of growth, then 2014 is my coming out party"

I wrote those words last year in my "2013: A year inreview" post. Those words have rung true.

The 2-0-1-4 has been a coming out party of sorts. I have seen tremendous growth in the business, and my reputation continues to grow, and precede me.

I can pinpoint when things started to change. It all started back in March. Much was already changing at that point, but the biggest was having a schedule that allowed me to take on more clients. My training hours went from 10, maybe 15 a week, to 25-30, easy. And it's been consistent ever since.

But it's not just training more people. I've been putting myself out there, especially online with social media. I have blog posts on how to train; YouTube videos detailing trouble areas; and of course Facebook. The most surprising social media  platform that has helped with exposure, though, has been Instagram. I've developed a bit of a following on there through my pics and vids on police training. I've even gained a few clients from it.

Offline, I've done speaking engagements and have helped the RCMP with PARE sessions for women at E-division. Being put in front of people, and having them see me live, they can get a sense of who I am, what I represent, and how I can help them.

As 2014 pushed on, there was an opportunity for me to have my own space. At the time, though, I didn't jump on it. As much as I wanted to, I had a good thing going where I already was. But a conversation with a client changed my way of thinking.

Ever since I started Redline I knew the one piece of equipment that would separate me from every other trainer was the push/pull machine. I knew once I had that it would change everything. There were two problems though:

1) I needed the space to house it
2) I needed the funds to get it

Back to the conversation, my client was willing to help me with the second part. I needed to take care of the first part. And I did.

In September I secured a lease for my own studio space. And I didn't have to move far. It was right above the studio I was already training out of.

I've always wanted to have my own gym, but I didn't think the chance would come so soon. So many things were coming into place that I couldn't pass this up. I didn't know if I would have a chance like this again, so I took it.

The studio was all ready to go. The flooring was already put in, mirrors were up, and plumbing was installed. A toilet and sink were the only things that needed to be put in for the washroom, and I didn't need to take care of that. I just needed to move.

As of October 1, Redline Conditioning has had a new home, and I couldn't be more thrilled. With my own space, my own equipment, and a growing base of supporters, I can start taking Redline to new heights.

If 2014 was my coming out party, 2015 will be the year I stake my claim as THE go to guy for all things police training.

You ready to be a part of the ride?

No comments:

Post a Comment